140g Plain Flour
1 tbsp Semolina
1 tbsp Sugar
¾ pint of slightly warm Milk
1/2 tsp baking powder
- Start by sieving the dry ingredients, and slowly add the milk, kneading together until you have a soft dough
- Take small amounts of a bit of dough and make into small round balls - i make mine just a little bigger than baby new potatoes
- In a fryer or in a deep heavy based pan, deep fry the small round balls on a very low heat, until they are golden brown in colour and drain on kitchen paper to remove any excess oil
- Leave the Jamuns to cool while you make the syrup.
- For the syrup- place the ingredients into a saucepan, (except the rose water) and bring to boil on a high heat and leave to simmer continuously for 15mins.
- Finally add the cooled Gulab Jamun. Simmer on a medium heat for about 5 mins, then remove from the heat. Once cooled add in the rose water.