It's been a few weeks since my last blog. I've been so busy between housework, kids appointments, and the general madness of a hectic household my blogging's been neglected.
Whilst the kids are now occupied with their collection of bricks & have got their dad joining in, I wanted to get this blog down.
On a Sunday I absolutely love nothing more than a good old roast with the trimmings, and it's a brilliant way for me to get the kids into eating their vegetables- they aren't keen on them when just boiled, but roasted in the oven with herbs & a little bit of spice, they will wolf them down.
so today I'm posting the recipe for the lunch we've just polished off- with some sent off to my mum & baby sister in law . (she's 27 but the youngest out of us lot, so sorry Sadaf if you're reading this)
I love this recipe for roast as it's a variation that cuts a few corners, with the use of Nando's seasoning, really doesn't require too much effort & tastes just as good as a version that may take you hours
To serve between 4-6 people you'll need the following :
2 medium chickens cut in half/ quarters
2 sachets of Nandos BBQ Seasoning
1 sachet of Nandos Hot seasoning
2 sachets of Nando's Lemon & Herb seasoning
5 Large potatoes
3 large parsnips
1 large sweet potato
a good handful of sprouts
3 large carrots
- I normally start by placing the chicken in large bowl, then I add enough olive oil to just coat the chicken, and then add in the BBQ & Hot Nando's seasoning.* with my hands, then mix the chicken together and make sure all the chicken is coated well with the seasoning.
- I'll leave the chicken in the fridge for at least 2 hours to marinate**
- I then peel the potatoes, sweet potatoes, parsnips & carrots and chop into chunks/quarters, don't worry about them being all the same size & perfectly cut, it's much easier & quicker than trying to make them all look perfect.
- To get the veg crispy on the outside, I tend to par boil my veg so it's just slightly softened, drain them from the water, then put them in a roasting dish, add the sprouts & pour in a few tablespoons of olive oil and then coat with the Nandos lemon & Herb seasoning.
- To roast the chicken, I preheat the oven to 200 C, remove the chicken from the fridge and place it in my roasting dish & cover with foil. I put in the oven for an about and hour & a half.
- Half way through I take the foil off, turn the pieces over and let the chicken crisp up, & then place the veg in the oven.
- To make sure the veg doesn't catch or over cook, I give them a toss around when they've been in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- I'll then serve the chicken & veg with good old yorkshires & lots of gravy