Monday 21 December 2015

Cheesecake cured my bloggers block


Bloggers block - if there is such a thing- is something I have been seriously suffering from, along with being too worn out in the evening from the everyday housewife and mother duties on some days to be able to string a coherent sentence together, never mind post a recipe … But reading through all my posts reminded me of how much I enjoyed blogging so I'm going to make more of an effort to post a recipe regularly, even if it is only once a week. Hopefully *she says* I won't go months without posting something.

So to ease myself back into it, I thought I'd share 2 desserts that I made for the family last night and they went down rather well. I've said earlier on that this would be a blog of mainly Asian food but I'd be sharing recipes for other cuisines as well as desserts since I do have a sweet tooth. So this post is all about the cheesecake… I have the classic strawberry cheesecake and a Ferrero Rocher version for you 

Both these will serve 10 - 12 people easily and they are no bake, only require chilling in the fridge. 

 First up is the Ferrero Rocher Cheesecake , you can find the post for the strawberry version HERE

130g butter 
350g digestive biscuits 
500g cream cheese
300ml double cream 
5-6 generous tablespoons Nutella
Ferrero Rocher chocolates to decorate 

  • Start with the cheesecake base, melt the butter either in the microwave or in a small pan on a low heat. Crush the biscuits in a food processor till you get fine crumbs. If you don't have a processor to hand, you can put the biscuits in a food bag & crush using a rolling pin. Add the melted butter to the crushed biscuits, stir till combined, tip into a 23cm springform tin and press the crumbs into the tin evenly , leave to chill in the fridge.
  • In a bowl whip together the cream cheese and the Nutella. I found that I needed to slightly melt the Nutella as it was quite cold and set hard in the jar
  • Whisk the double cream in a separate bowl till you get stiff peaks, and gently fold in the cream cheese & chocolate mixture
  • Pour the mixture into the tin over the biscuit base, smooth the mixture with a spatula to level it out. Leave in the fridge to chill for at least 4-5 hours, or preferably overnight if you can.
  • When ready to serve, decorate the top with Fererro Rocher chocolates - either crush and sprinkle over the top or leave them as whole
  • As an extra, finish off with a drizzle of melted chocolate all over the top 

No comments:

Post a Comment